Recent posts by Robert Bruno - NJ.com

Monday, August 16, 2010

Ten Things To Watch: Giants vs Jets

I know, the preseason (blanks) but I got to admit, I’m excited to see Big Blue on the field again. We all know the starters will probably only play 1 or 2 series, and anyone with so much as a toothache won’t play at all, so I wanted to give you my list of ten things (in no particular order) I’m interested and/or hoping to see:

#1 Everyone stays healthy – I admit this is a lame beginning to what is sure to be a pretty lame list, but it’s hard to come up with 10 things to look forward to in a preseason game, and let’s be honest, this is all any of us really want anyway.

#2 The Return Game – Let the battle begin. Not sure who Coughlin will let risk injury in a preseason game to return kicks, but someone has got to fill the void left by Domenik Hixon.

#3 The Draft Picks: JPP, Linval Joseph, Phillip Dillard, Mike Petrus, and Adrian Tracey – They should see a quite a bit of action in their NFL debuts. Looking forward to seeing what they got.

#4 The “other” draft pick: P Matt Dodge – He’s got a big leg but has been inconsistent at times in camp. Anxious to see how he handles game pressure, and interested to see how weird it looks to have someone other than Jeff Feagles back there.

#5 The “look” of the defense – We’re certainly going to get “vanilla,” but at least we’ll get a taste of what Perry Fewell has been churning. As a bonus, I’m also interested in the “look” of Fewell on the sideline. The ever-exuberant coach should combine with Coughlin to make the league’s most animated sideline.

#6 Rex Ryan’s sweat line – It should be a steamy night in East Rutherford, look for Rex to be pitted out by kickoff, and a little belly sweat breaking through by halftime.

#7 WR Ramses Barden – He is once again tearing up camp, I’m interested to see if he shows it on the field, even if it is a “fake” game.


#8 The New Stadium - Its first primetime action. Unfortunately it will be done up in Jet’s Green. You know what, I take it back. I’m not interested to see it--scratch this one

#8 (revised) The back-up QB’s – Two new faces vying for a spot behind Eli, let’s hope at least one of them looks competent.

#9 Undrafted WR’s Victor Cruz and Tim Brown – both have impressed in camp, both should have Sinorice Moss worried. Let’s see what they got.

#10 - The G-Men kick some ass – I don’t care about winning or losing, but it would be nice to see at least the G-men starters rough up their overly cocky cross-town rivals. If you haven’t grown sick of the Jets yet, just tune into WFAN and listen to the radio commercial of Mark Sanchez referring to his team as the “New York Football Jets” and I’m sure you’ll feel the same resentment I do.

Unfortunately I am away and may not be able to access my twitter account during the game. I've got it DVR-D though and plan on giving it a careful look tomorrow and sharing my reactions then. Enjoy the Game.

No comments:

Post a Comment