Recent posts by Robert Bruno - NJ.com

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Memorial Day Smack Talk

I don't know if it's the third glass of Jameson I'm drinking, or just a desire to liven things up, but I think it's time for some trash talk.  Early this week Brandon Jacobs took a little shot at the Jets.  Now Jacobs' incessant trash talk--while his production drops like a Manning pass in the wind--has grown tiresome.  But frankly, I think he hit the nail on the head here.

Here's the deal Jets fans.  You're a joke.  You are now, and always have been second class citizens.  Sorry, it's just the way it is.  No matter how you measure it, the Giants come out on top.  The Giants have more fans, more titles, more recent success (sorry going 9-7 and winning 2 playoff games doesn't trump the last 5 years for the Giants where they've made the playoffs 4 times, have 2 division titles, 1 NFC title, and won their 3rd Vince Lombardi trophy).  You hang your hats on a dumb luck guarantee some loose lipped overrated QB made in 1969.  I mean really, the guy threw 220 INTs to 173 TD's, completed only 50.1% of his passes, had a career passer rating of 65.5, and--this is the kicker--had a career record of 77 wins and 108 loses.  That's right, you're hero, like you, was a loser.

Now, you've got a nice team.  You should be excited about their potential.  But really, stop acting like you're the New England Patriots.  You haven't won anything yet.  I know you say all the time "we ain't got to apologize for who we beat," but the fact remains that you only got into the playoffs last year because the Colts let you.  Did I mention you were 9-7?  At least now you have Ladanian Tomlinson.  He'll fit right in, he talks a big game but hasn't done anything in years.

Ahhhh....now that I've got that out of my system.....   I'm headed to the wonderful Jersey shore for Memorial Day weekend.  I'm bringing along Tom Callahan's "The GM" (about Ernie Accorsi's last season with the Giants) to read on the beach.  I've been meaning to read it for years, I'll let you know how it goes.  Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That noise you heard was the hammer hitting the nail squarely on the head.

    ReplyDelete